Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Real Me

I am a married, mother of three who works one full time job, one part-time job and attends school on a part-time basis. I have a son, one who may be the same age as many students I go to school with, and two daughters ages 10 and 12. Some of my hobbies include boating, fishing, gardening or just hanging out with my family.

As I stated earlier, I do work a full-time job as a medical transcriptionist. I worked for a local hospital for 12 years until October of last year when they decided to outsource our department. Although this was very upsetting at the time, in retrospect it was probably a blessing in disguise. This life changing event made me step back and look at my job, my life, and the things I really love to do. I have also worked part-time for years as the children's director at our church. It hit me, like a brick, that I love working with children. These events helped guide my decision to return to college to become an elementary school teacher.

My life is filled with schedules that pull me day-to-day and hour-to-hour. I have people needing part of me here and part of me there, but all in all, my life is filled with things that I do because they are necessary, I do many things because I want to do them, and finally all the other things I do just because I love doing them.

This is the REAL ME !

No comments: