Wednesday, December 3, 2008

EDM 310 Critique

I have enjoyed this EDM 310 class and I have learned so many things about technology and its uses in my future classroom. I must say, and Dr. Strange knows this best, that Picasa was my favorite thing about the semester. He taught us how to manipulate this program in such a way that I have tons of new photos all over my house and in my scrapbooks. However, not only can I use this program in my home, it will be great to be able to create collages and scrapbook pages of each and every classroom full of children that I have.

Picasa is a Google based program and I also learned that Google offers so many FREE things for us to access. It is a wonderful tool that needs to be used by all. I have even spread the news of this with teachers at my daughter's school and with relatives who are using some of the programs now.

I enjoyed blogging as well. I was a big skeptic at first because of having children and hearing only bad things about other programs, however, I feel this can be a useful tool for teachers and enable them to communicate with their students as well as with parents.

All in all this was a great class. I feel the beginning of the semester was very laid back and then felt a bit pushed toward the end, but that was easily overcome.

Thanks Dr. Strange for a great semester!!

No comments: