Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tuesday/Thursday Class Blogs

It was very interesting to look over the class blogs from my fellow classmates in the Tuesday/Thursday EDM 310 class. I did look at each blog, but I read Sandy Presley's blog from top to bottom. I found that each blog was different just as each of my classmates are different, which made it that much more appealing to peruse.

I did notice that some bloggers were better or more detailed in their blogs by pasting pictures for each post. I enjoyed looking at the pictures and it helped me connect more to what the person was blogging about. One thing I did not like about this blogging program was the graphics. We were all limited on the style that we were able to choose. I am big on graphics and enjoy seeing different colors and shapes on the websites that I often search. Although each person had their own blogging style, the basic format and graphics were the same throughout.

I also noticed that the blogging seemed to be a fun way to communicate with others and each classmate found that it would be a useful tool to use as a teacher. However, I did notice that during the course of the semester the blogging became shorter and shorter. I know for me it became harder and harder to talk about a subject using 3 or 4 paragraphs without repeating something that I said in the previous post. I wanted each post to be original, but I feel my posts became redundant.

All in all, it turned out that our class blogs enabled each student to view different aspects of the web that our professor wanted us to be able to utilize as teachers and gave us a way of expressing how we would use these tools and sometimes NOT use a tool. A classroom blog would definitely be a tool that any teacher could use in his or her classroom, whether they are communicating with the students themselves or their parents.

No comments: