Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Science on UTunes

If only I had a week or two just to explore all the possible tools there are on ITunes. I am amazed each and every time I open another video cast or podcast. These are simply wonderful "free" tools that can be used in any classroom. I had the pleasure of looking at two video casts, "A Night in the Coral Reef" and "Solar Eclipses". There are pictures and videos on these casts that can be used in a Science lesson rather than reading a textbook. I believe children nowadays spend much more time in front of television sets than ever before and if this theory is true, then why wouldn't the students be more acceptable to this type of learning style.

Here is another thought, how much time does a teacher spend on preparation of a lesson? Many times it takes hours locating exactly what they want and need to get a lesson taught and learned. These ITune video casts are right at our educator's fingertips and there is no running around from library, teacher store or video store.

What an amazing tool -- I know this is one tool of mine that will not be stuck in the back of my tool shed.

No comments: